At The Law Offices of Steven E. Springer, we bring more than 30 years of combined experience to our management of California divorce cases. Our clients come to us when their marriage has already ended. Therefore, our job is to focus on the future — to ensure that our clients emerge from the legal process of divorce in the best position possible to move forward with their lives.
If you’re planning to file for divorce or have been served with divorce papers, you may be wondering:
- What does divorce mean for my children?
- What property rights do I have in divorce?
- As a mother who has worked outside the home before, am I still eligible for alimony?
- What if our children are still very young?
- As a stay-at-home mom, what if I need retraining to find a suitable job?
Resolving Your Concerns
Our divorce lawyers provide a comfortable and supportive environment for you to discuss your concerns on every issue from property division and support to child custody and child visitation. We’ll discuss how you envision your life after divorce and work with you to set reasonable goals for your divorce negotiations. You can rely on our attorneys to complete tasks related to your case promptly and communicate with you regularly and candidly about our progress. We’re determined to provide representation that’s both thorough and affordable.
Factors that Complicate Divorce in California
As family lawyers serving San Jose, Morgan Hill, and Fremont, our firm often encounters obstacles that complicate a divorce, such as:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. If valid, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements can actually alter the law to be applied when deciding issues of the divorce.
- Military divorces. Military divorces pose their own challenges related to spousal benefits, which may not have vested.
- Domestic partnerships. Our firm negotiates dissolutions to domestic partnership agreements in Santa Clara County and Alameda County under the California Family Code.
- Interstate and international divorces. We deftly handle interstate and international divorces, which almost always involve jurisdictional disputes, especially when children are involved.
Reliable Divorce Counsel in San Jose, Morgan Hill, and Fremont
When married couples start contemplating divorce, they’re naturally upset about the end of a relationship they had counted on to last a lifetime. And when they don’t know how California divorce law operates, they experience additional anxiety throughout the process.